First class Nannies and Helpers (“we”) is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to you, our clients and childcarers (“you”)
We must process personal data (including sensitive personal data such as police records or health information) so that we can provide these services to you. We know that you care how information about you is used, shared and stored, and we assure you that we will do so carefully and sensibly and always in accordance with UK Data Protection laws.
You may give your personal details to First Class Nannies and Helpers directly, such as on an application or registration form, or via our website by using the contact form, or when speaking to us. Or we may collect data from another source such as a jobs board and by obtaining references. Under UK law, we must have a legal basis for processing your personal data once collected. For the purposes of providing you with childcare recruitment services, we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Website usage information is collected using cookies (detailed in paragraph 5 below).
First Class Nannies and Helpers has never and will never sell your data to any third party. And we only share your data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and in order to provide our childcare recruitment services to you.
For more information: Please request our Data Protection Policy.
Collection and use of personal data
- Purpose of processing and legal basis
First Class Nannies and Helpers will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with childcare recruitment services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Consent, where we ask you specific questions about processing your data;
- Contractual obligation under our terms and conditions, ie we cannot perform the contract with you unless we process your data; and
- In rare cases, a legal obligation (where we are required to pass on details to a regulatory authority such as Ofsted, DBS or LADO)
- Recipients of data
First Class Nannies and Helpers will process and share your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Clients of First Class Nannies and Helpers: for example parents, nurseries and local authority organisations who are looking for childcarers.
- Childcarers of First Class Nannies and Helpers: if you are a client of First Class Nannies and Helpers and you are looking for a nanny, then we will have to share details of your job with our childcarers in order to find the best one for you.
- Job boards: First Class Nannies and Helpers use job boards to advertise jobs and to search for childcarers, such as Nannyjob and other local and national job boards.
- Regulatory Authorities: if we are required to do so, we may have to share your data with Ofsted, DBS, LADO or equivalent.
- Contractual requirement
Your personal data is required to enable us to fulfil our obligations under our Terms and Conditions with you. We cannot offer or provide our childcare recruitment services without having to take your data, process it and share it. You are obliged to provide the personal data under the contractual terms with First Class Nannies and Helpers but if you choose not to provide the data, we cannot perform any childcare requirement services for you. That means we cannot find you a job, for example, or find you a nanny.
If you are a childcarer looking for overseas nanny positions, we may transfer your data to client families who live outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with overseas work. This would be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and First Class Nannies and Helpers to find you nanny work where you have specified that you wish to work overseas.
- Data retention
First Class Nannies and Helpers will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary, and as detailed below:
- Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time. For example, if you are a childcarer registered with First Class Nannies and Helpers, the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year (a) from the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
- If there is any safeguarding issue, or safeguarding allegation, we are obliged to keep your data indefinitely.
- Other than the timescales listed above, and if you have registered with First Class Nannies and Helpers, we will always retain your data for future placements/requests but in any case, you have a legal right to ask us to delete your data at any time by contacting our office.
- Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data First Class Nannies and Helpers processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data First Class Nannies and Helpers processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Right to Withdraw Consent: where you have consented to First Class Nannies and Helpers processing your data you have the right to withdraw that consent (subject to certain conditions being met for which see our Data Protection Policy) at any time by contacting our office or by emailing email@example.com
Right to Erasure of Data: where you wish First Class Nannies and Helpers to delete your data (subject to certain conditions being met for which see our Data Protection Policy), please contact our office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are legally obliged to retain certain data even if you make a data deletion request, in accordance with legislation requirements.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
First Class Nannies and Helpers would like to send you information about services of ours which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing information you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com.
- How to contact us
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to us at First Class Nannies and Helpers, 16 The Nurseries, Easingwold, York, YO61 3LY.